Welcome to the Grand Oaks School Counseling Page!
Hello! My name is Rachel Jacobs and I am the School Counselor at Grand Oaks. This is my 12th year at Grand Oaks and I think I have the best job in the world!
Here’s a little bit about me: I was born and raised in Humboldt County and attended Eureka High School, Bethany University, and University of LaVerne.
I love spending time with my family and friends, eating chocolate, and going on adventures- like camping, surfing, hiking, and traveling to new places!
I am here to:
Support ALL students with academic, social, emotional, attendance, and/or behavioral needs
Provide short-term individual and group counseling
- Teach life skills through classroom lessons/curriculum and provide academic support to ALL students.
- Provide resources and links to community services and resources
- Collaborate with parents and staff to help your child succeed
- Facilitate Student Study Team Meetings and 504 Meetings
- Suggest appropriate interventions to help your child
- Facilitate conflict resolutions and peer mediations
- “Check-In” with students to discuss any issues that are important to them
How can my child see the school counselor?
Students can request to see the school counselor by letting their teacher know or filling out a School Counselor Check-In Form. Parents may also refer their child by filling out this referral form.
How can parents talk to the counselor?
I am available via phone or email. Please make an appointment with me if you would like to meet in person. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-275-7040, ext. 3212, and my direct line is (530) 605-2038.